Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Homemade Kaya


This is one of my daddy's recipe....but I must say that I have reduced much of the original ingredients to pass my health concious test. The taste is GOOD but not the APPEARANCE cos I have cut down the sugar by one third of the actual measurement.

Ingredients


15 eggs (AA Size)
850gm sugar
750ml thick coconut milk (extract without adding water from 3 coconut)
6pcs pandan leaves
2 tbsp pandan juice from leaves (optional)
(Original ingredients is 6eggs to 600gm sugar, 2 coconuts milk)

Methods


Lightly beat the eggs and sieve.
Stir in together with sugar till sugar dissolve.
Double boil over a pot of water, keep stiring all the time till eggs begins to thicken.
Add in the coconut milk and pandan leaves.
Keep stiring until thicken as above picture.
Stiring time is approximately 1hr to 1 1/2 hrs.



4 comments:

JK said...

Next time we should have toast with butte and your kaya for tea if we have function in the centre.

JK said...

Happy CNY to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.

Y2K said...

Yeah again! Tried this also. Pass!!